#138 Battle XLIV - The Taste of Lizard Blood

"I love it when a plan comes together!" exalted Lord Tzunaak Emissary of Sternieste, his face smeared with crimson reptile blood. He had set an ambush and the Seraphon had lumbered straight into it. 

Tzunaak's bat swarms had observed the lizardmen's scouts investigating a huge sea cave studded with emberstone deposits. Being a much faster moving force than the Carnosaur's Egg, the Brotherhood of Mannfred had raced to the cave just in time to creep in at low tide under cover of night and hide themselves. As the tide rose again, covering the tracks of the Soulblight army, a few undead warriors in the cave had been destroyed by the raging waters, but they were simply raised again. When the tide subsided again, the Seraphon were arrayed outside, ready to enter and claim the emberstone hoard.

But the moment the lizardmen stepped into the gloomy mouth of the cave, even before their eyes could adjust to the darkness, the Soulblight cavalry charged en masse. Trapped between the rage of Lord Tzunaak's ostensible crusade and the boiling waters of the Ravaged Coast, reptilian warriors large and small were slaughtered with abandon and the battle was won in an instant.


"Your Excellency is quite right," declared Lord Tzunaak, as the knights piled emberstone at the Gravelords' feet, "lizard blood is indeed quite delicious, and a cold beverage provides welcome refreshment upon the burning shores of Aqshy!"


Because four of us had managed to qualify for the final battle of the Ravaged Coast campaign, we decided to play two 'semi final' games on the Hateful Shores. My victory against Mel means the final battle of Lord Tzunaak's Path to Glory will be a rematch against Toby's Kharadon Overlords. I really messed up against him last time so we have a score to settle. I ended up with a record haul of 12 emberstone - I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to spend that much but I have a few ideas...


Comments

Popular Posts